Monday, February 20, 2006

...

I feel the possibility of you

yet ripening before me

fruit for the feeding

each seed a muse, an awakening, an expansion

spreading rhizome-like in verdant connectivity

binding you to me

as we unpeel to expose the core of this experience or that

each uncovering showing more of what is real

and reasonable

I taste each segment, hoping for the sweetest

the healthiest

I see this fruit for what it is, you see too

and am willing to open myself to it

to test the potential for poison or purpose

and by the knowing; by the very reaching for it

experience its very nature

I'll know, believe me

though I could write a poem about what I don't

or don't want to

but I reach for the possibility of this

that in the very reaching; in the consuming thereof

all is blessed...

No comments: